Friday, April 6, 2012

Hearing "Rest In The Hope" on the radio for the first time!

Okay, so people always want to know the story behind when an artist hears unexpectedly their song on the radio for the first time. Well, for me that moment came today, and I was sitting in the dentist chair. Yup.......ashamed to admit that I was having a cavity filled, but oh well  --  it happens!  :-)

Instead of listening to the beautiful drilling sound, I decided to put my headphones in and pull up the WPOZ, Z88.3 app. A few minutes later I heard a very familiar piano intro.... "REST IN THE HOPE"!!!!! I instinctively screamed and jumped (which is NOT the best thing to do when someone is drilling on your teeth) and my dentist jumped back and said, "What's wrong? Did I hurt you?!" With the suction still in my mouth, I tried my best to explain that my song had just came on the radio. (It was more like a game of charades, me pointing at my phone and then pointing at myself) but he finally got my point and let me have my moment, novocaine & all!!

Thanks Z88.....you made my morning. And I'm sure glad my dentist didn't accidentally drill the wrong tooth when I jumped!!! The first time I'm driving and hear my song, let's hope I don't cause a wreck! LOL!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment